Non-Degree Students

Students interested in taking courses for academic credit but not in seeking a degree from TCU may be admitted for non-degree study. Non-degree students are held to the same standards governing academic progress (including probation/suspension) as degree students.

Non-degree status would apply to persons:

  • Taking only ROTC at TCU and enrolled at another college or university;
  • Seeking ranch management certification;
  • Seeking only teacher certification;
  • With an undergraduate degree desiring additional undergraduate coursework;
  • Applying as summer visiting students; and
  • Enrolled at another college or university seeking concurrent enrollment at TCU for one semester.

Persons who do not fit into any of these categories, but want to take credit courses, will be considered for limited enrollment status. Limited enrollment status is open to persons who:

  • Are 22 years of age or older with a high school diploma and/or equivalency diploma based on the GED;
  • Are in good standing at all colleges where they are currently enrolled or have ever been enrolled; and
  • Have not been previously denied admission or readmission to TCU.

A limited enrollment student may not enroll in more than six semester hours of coursework per semester or three hours per summer session. Exceptions must be approved by the Office of Extended Education. A maximum of 12 semester hours may be accumulated. At that time a student may apply as a degree-seeking student or receive special permission to continue beyond the 12 hours limitation.

Applications for non-degree study may be obtained from the Office of Extended Education.

Non-immigrant students may be considered for non-degree status without the limitations stated above, but must abide by the regulations stipulated by the Office of International Student Affairs. These applicants should contact the Office of International Student Affairs for specific limitations, application forms, and procedures for international students.

Non-Degree to Degree Status

Undergraduate students who wish to change from non-degree to degree status must submit the appropriate application form obtained from the Office of Admission. The semester hours earned as a non-degree student can be applied toward a degree program if applicable.

Texas Christian University
© Copyright 2007. All Rights Reserved.